I know there are already a whole heap of Chocolate Cake recipes out there, but I promise you this Simple Thermomix Chocolate Cake Recipe really is the best. It’s my Great Nan’s recipe (she would have turned 109 this year) and I’ve made it countless times over the years as it really takes no time at all to put together and a family favourite.
There are sooo many things that I love about this recipe, it’s easy to make, it’s versatile (it can be baked in practically any type/size cake tin), it’s easily doubled to make a larger cake, it’s freezer friendly (even when iced) but the main thing I love about it is that it’s a family recipe which has already been handed down through three generations and I love that I am passing it onto a new generation through my boys.
I like to make this simple Chocolate Cake using a slice tin as it goes further and cuts into smaller size pieces which is great for the kids. I usually ice it with a basic chocolate icing (you can find the recipe here) but I also leave it un-iced sometimes (usually through laziness) and it’s still popular.
The BEST way to enjoy this cake however, is by cutting off a big end piece (the best slice!) while it’s still warm and alongside a glass of milk – yum!
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Thermomix, you can find the regular instructions for this Simple Chocolate Cake here – enjoy!
Learn How to Make My Easy Chocolate Cake in This Video:
Simple Thermomix Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 90 g butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 175 g of caster sugar
- 175 g of self raising flour
- ½ cup 130g of milk
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan forced) and line the base of a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter (which has been cubed) into your Thermomix bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 65 degrees on speed 2.
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa, caster sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla essence to your thermomix bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4 before scraping down the sides and mixing for a further 7 seconds on speed 4 or until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the tin for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice cake with a plain chocolate icing