We’ve been making this easy Coconut Loaf recipe for years and it’s still one of our favourites!
During the last school holidays my lovely Mum came up to visit us for 10 days, in part to help celebrate baby boy’s first birthday but also to spend the second week of the school holidays with our two older boys. We had so many fun things planned (plus A LOT of baking) however just a few days after the birthday celebrations, our four year old came down with a nasty case of gastro (which required a hospital stay) and the rest of the kids plus my husband quickly followed. Thankfully Mum and I stayed well (albeit run off our feet) and each night once everyone was in bed we would treat ourselves to something yummy to eat. This easy Coconut Loaf was one of our favourites and between us we managed to polish the entire loaf off in just a few days!
Thankfully because this recipe only needs half a tin of coconut milk, we had the perfect excuse to make another loaf to help us get through what was a loooooong week.
Given neither of us had much self control, I popped half of the loaf into the freezer and have just taken it out last week for an after school treat for the kids. Both of the older boys love it and have put in a request for me to make it again.
Easy Coconut Loaf Recipe
- 175 g unsalted butter - soft
- 1 & ¼ cups 280g caster sugar
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ 225g cups self raising flour
- ½ cup 40gdesiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper – this will help you to remove the Coconut Bread once it has cooked.
- Place the caster sugar and butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 3 - 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- While the mixer is on a low speed, add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time and mix well to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, self raising flour and desiccated coconut and mix on a medium speed until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin you prepared earlier and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Thermomix Easy Coconut Loaf Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper – this will help you to remove this easy Coconut Bread once it has cooked.
- Place the caster sugar and butter into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds, speed 3. Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 3 until the mixture is pale and smooth.
- Add the 50g of the self raising flour, vanilla extract and eggs, and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the coconut milk, remaining self raising flour and desiccated coconut and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin you prepared earlier and bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.