This post is sponsored by Heinz
This Simple Creamy Chicken Carbonara Recipe will become your new go to weeknight dinner!
As well as coming up with my Spaghetti and Cheat’s Meatballs recipe, I have also put together this Simple Creamy Chicken Carbonara recipe using the new Creamy Carbonara Pasta Sauce from Heinz. This quick and easy family dinner is full of flavour and it takes just 30 minutes from start to finish.
This recipe made more than enough to feed our family of five and we all enjoyed leftovers the next day, however it’s also freezer friendly too. All three of the boys enjoyed this meal (they can never resist pasta!) and I really enjoyed how quick it was to put together and the fact that there were three empty plates at the end of the meal!
While I cooked the chicken, if you wanted to make this recipe even easier you can also use any leftover roast that you may have or shred a BBQ chicken instead.
Simple Creamy Chicken Carbonara
- 400 grams chicken breast
- 6 rashers short cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 525 grams Heinz Creamy Carbonara Pasta Sauce
- 200 grams dry fettuccine pasta
- Place the pasta into a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water - cook as per the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the bacon into small pieces and the chicken breast into strips
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Add the bacon pieces, crushed garlic and chicken strips and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until the chicken pieces are brown.
- Add the Heinz Creamy Carbonara Pasta Sauce and stir through before allowing to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain and add the pasta to your frying pan. Use a pair of tongs to toss the pasta through the sauce - serve immediately.