Happy Friday everyone and welcome to Fabulous Foodie Fridays – a place where you can be inspired by recipes from fantastic food bloggers across the world. Each week we have so many amazing recipes that get linked up and it’s an impossible job to choose our favourite 5. This week was especially difficult. It was lovely seeing so many special Australia Day recipes linked up too – you guys really are amazing!
I agree 100% with Erin from Erin Made This, who wouldn’t want to enjoy a Pavlova every Sunday? Especially when the look as good as her individual Pavlova Sundaes!
You can never have enough chocolate in your life right?! Don’t these these Mint Chocolate Brownies by Pinch Me Beautiful look decadently delicious?
This Honey Mustard Chicken Salad from Cooking in the Chaos would be a great way to balance out all the chocolate that I seem to consume!
These S’mores Chocolate Cupcakes from The Sweet Menu were just too irresistible not to include.
After the lovely Malinda from My Brown Paper Packages shared a sneaky photo of this Spinach and Feta Damper over on instagram I was eagerly waiting to see the recipe. This is going straight to the top of my ‘to make’ list.
Pop over and check out Lucy’s picks too.
This week it’s over to Lucy to share a yummy (and healthy!) ice cream recipe…. enjoy!
For this weeks feature recipe I thought it would be nice to healthify (is that a word??… well it is now!) one of my favourite treats. I’ve been known to have a slight addiction to choc tops at the movies, and you can be pretty much guaranteed to find a box of Drumsticks in my freezer at any time! Unfortunately, my ice cream habit can only continue for so long before it decides to find a place on my hips. So, I’ve been experimenting with lots of yummy and healthy ice cream recipes lately and have come up with a few favourites.
One of these delicious little flavour combinations is my Healthy Strawberry Ice Cream. It has only 3 ingredients – frozen strawberries (obviously), frozen banana (to make it really creamy) and a tiny bit of yoghurt (to help it mix together easier).
I made my ice cream in the Thermomix, but a blender or even a food processor would work just as well. All you do is add your frozen strawberries and banana, pop in 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and blend together. The longer you blend, the smoother your ice cream will become (but don’t blend for too long or it will melt!).
This is best eaten straight away (trust me, you’ll be wanting to wolf it down anyway!). You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge, but it will go a little icy due to the fact that it has no preservatives or additives. If you’re like me and get distracted by a phone call in the all-important time between blending and eating, you can just pop it into the freezer for a 10-15 minutes or until it’s hardened up again (oops!).
So that’s it – a healthy ice cream that’s going to get me through summer (along with the occasional choc top and Drumstick of course!).
Healthy Strawberry Ice Cream - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #36
- 2 frozen bananas cut into large chunks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbs vanilla yoghurt you could also use berry yoghurt.
- Place the frozen bananas, strawberries and yoghurt into a blender, Thermomix or food processor.
- Blend on high until you have a smooth consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
Bake Play Smile: Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter
Create Bake Make: Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter
Fabulous Foodie Fridays: Facebook Instagram Pinterest
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!
This time i’m not late… ouf!
You know that your strawberries icecream is a regular one of our kitchen? We totally love thermy ice creams.
So today are my two differents slices.
Lauren (Canberra Mummy)
I am new to Create Bake Make. Love, love, love it!! That healthy strawberry icecream looks devine. I cannot wait to give it a try. Lauren (Canberra Mummy)
Hi Lauren, welcome! I hope you have a great weekend
Kat - The Organised Housewife
YUM!! Loving the look of the healthy strawberry ice cream!! So easy and simple. The kids will love this for an afternoon snack.:)
Doesn’t it look great? Lucy is a very clever lady. I hope your kids love it, have a great weekend x
Tania @My Kitchen stories
I am sure there are going to be people all over Sydney and elsewhere scoffing that icecream this weekend.
It’s perfect timing! Have a great weekend.
Cindy @Your Kids OT
Love the look of that icecream. Really want to try the spinach feta damper! Looks so yummy!
I think if I were to plan a perfect meal to enjoy over the weekend, it would include both of those recipes 🙂
Oh that damper I showed my hubby that & he loved it. Wanted me to pop down the shop & get the ingredients. Lol
That ice-cream looks so yum. I love a tasty desert that seems naughty but is so not you can justify seconds. Yum
Haha, but the question now is – did you?
Have a great weekend x
Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
So much deliciousness. Thanks for hosting another Fabulous Foodie Friday. How good are Erin’s pavs? I love her little video – it’s totally ace!
Erin sure is a very clever lady! Thank you for joining us each week , have a great weekend x
I’d love to know how it goes when you make that damper! Thanks for the shout out and keep an eye on Instagram, best place for sneak peeks 😉
I will certainly let you know Malinda. I will also continue to keep an eye/stalking you on instagram 😉 Have a great weekend.