Not only do we love making this easy Gingerbread Recipe, but we also love decorating it too!
I’ve only been making Gingerbread for a couple of years now, but it has quickly become one of my favourite Christmas recipes. Not only does it taste fabulous, but decorating our baked Gingerbread is such a great activity for the boys and one that helps us to really get into the Christmas spirit.
Each time I make Gingerbread, I always think of my Nan who absolutely LOVES it and was thrilled to receive a tin of it which was both made and decorated by the boys last year for Christmas. While this easy Gingerbread recipe tastes great as is, it’s also extra delicious when you add some melted chocolate, smarties or sprinkles to the top of them.
If you have the chance to make this Gingerbread by yourself (a luxury around here!) then you could also try making these cute Christmas Gingerbread Reindeers which make a brilliant homemade Christmas gift for teachers, friends and family.
Thermomix Easy Gingerbread Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and line two trays with baking paper.
- Place the golden syrup, sugar, butter and spices into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 5 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 2.
- Add the egg and mix for 3 seconds on speed 3.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 or until combined.
- Knead for 2 minutes before turning the dough out onto your Thermomat and lightly knead to form a ball.
- Flatten the dough into a disc, cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll each portion between two sheets of baking paper until approximately 5mm thick. Use cutters of your choice to cut out shapes and place on baking trays. Bake for approximately 9 – 11 minutes – please note baking times will vary depending on the size of the cutter used.
- Allow the gingerbread to completely cool before decorating or transferring to an airtight container to store.