Ok so before anyone says it, I KNOW we’re still in October but let’s face it, the way this year is flying by Christmas is going to be here before we know it! I’ve been having so much fun over the past few weeks experimenting with new Christmas recipes to share with you guys this year and this no bake Christmas Jelly Slice is certainly one of my favourites!
The magic of this Christmas slice is spotting the red and green layers when you look at it from the side – don’t be alarmed when you take it out of the fridge and it looks an odd colour – I promise it will look amazing once cut! It’s inspired by my Strawberry Jelly Slice which I made earlier this year and is basically the same recipe just with an extra layer of jelly! This Christmas Jelly Slice would make a great dessert to take along to a Christmas party or BBQ, however if you are wanting to make it for a special occasion, make sure you begin the recipe a day before you need it.
My other big tip is to make sure you use a DEEP slice tray as you want your tin to be deep enough to fit two layers of jelly. I’d also suggest popping your slice tray onto a larger oven tray to move it in and out of the fridge, otherwise you may end up with jelly on the floor which is NOT fun!
Christmas Jelly Slice Thermomix Instructions
- Line the base and the sides of a slice tin with baking paper, making sure you leave plenty hanging over the sides.
- Place the biscuits in the bowl and crush for 5 seconds on speed 9.
- Add the butter and heat for 3 minutes on 80 degrees speed 2.
- Remove biscuit mixture from the bowl and pour into the lined tray. Push the mixture down with a metal spoon to create a flat surface. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- To make the filling, combine the gelatine in a jug with the boiling water and allow to cool slightly. In a clean bowl, add the lemon juice and condensed milk and mix for 45 seconds on speed 4. After 5 seconds, remove the measuring cup and carefully pour the gelatine mixture in. Remove the set slice base from the fridge and pour over the filling. Put back into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, add the hot water and heat for 3 minutes on 90 degrees speed 2. Add the jelly crystals and one extra teaspoon of gelatine and stir until they have dissolved. Pour jelly into another bowl and allow it to cool until it has reached room temperature.
- Remove the slice from the fridge and carefully pour the jelly over the slice and place it back in the fridge to set for approximately 3 hours.
- Prepare the strawberry jelly as per the previous step and carefully pour over the set lime jelly layer.
- Place the slice back into the fridge – preferably overnight to set.
- Remove the set slice from the fridge and cut into squares.