Make the most of in season Strawberries with these simple Strawberry Cupcakes!
My boys LOVE strawberries and can easily demolish a punnet or two in just one sitting. While they are in season, they are a staple in our house and I also like to stock them in our freezer to add to smoothies, ice cream and of course to make these Strawberry Cupcakes!
This recipe is a variation of my favourite Vanilla Cupcakes, and just like the original, these Strawberry Cupcakes are also freezer friendly too.
There really isn’t a lot to this recipe, we simply added a container of sliced strawberries (250g) and instead of icing them, we simply dusted them with icing sugar. The addition of the sliced strawberries made these cupcakes extra moist, and they are a great snack for the boys lunch boxes.
How to Make These Easy Strawberry Cupcakes
- These cupcakes are freezer friendly.
- You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe.
- We enjoy these cupcakes plain, however you can also dust them with icing sugar.
- You can also make these cupcakes using a mini cupcake tin, you will need to adjust the cooking time. I suggest checking them after 8 minutes.
Easy Strawberry Cupcakes
- 125 grams butter softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams strawberries sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Put the softened butter, sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and eggs in a bowl and beat with electric beaters on a low speed for 2 minutes or until well mixed
- Increase speed and beat for a further 2 minutes or until smooth and pale
- Add the sliced strawberries and gently fold through the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the cupcake tray and bake for 18 -20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack
You can find the Thermomix Instructions here.