If you are looking for an easy salad recipe for your next BBQ or midweek dinner, this light Pasta Salad is for you!
As much as I do love to eat traditional creamy Pasta Salad, I know it’s filled with calories and I figure by choosing a lighter version I can enjoy more dessert – winning! This light Pasta Salad makes there perfect accompaniment for roast lamb, chicken or even sausages cooked on the BBQ and best of all you can enjoy the leftovers the next day.
You can be as creative as you like when choosing ingredients to add to this salad. I usually just use whatever is in our fridge and pantry and in the past I’ve included sundered tomatoes, olives, green capsicum and even sunflower seeds!
Light Pasta Salad
- 300 g of spiral pasta
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- ½ capsicum
- ¾ cup of corn kernels - I just use canned corn
- 2 stalks of celery
- ½ red onion
- 3 tablespoons of light french dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spiral pasta as per the packet instructions, drain and place into a serving bowl to cool.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half before finely chopping the capsicum, celery and spring onion and add to the cooled pasta.
- Add the corn kernels and a sprinkle of salt and pepper before pouring over the dressing and lightly mixing through until everything has combined.
- Refrigerate until needed.
* You can certainly use more dressing if you feel the light Pasta Salad is too dry, I usually place the dressing on the table for people to add a little extra if they want it.
* Feel free to add/omit other vegetables to this recipe, some of my favourites are sun dried tomatoes, olives and sunflower seeds.
What’s your favourite light salad recipe?