If you are looking for an easy salad recipe for your next BBQ or midweek dinner, this light Pasta Salad is for you!
As much as I do love to eat traditional creamy Pasta Salad, I know it’s filled with calories and I figure by choosing a lighter version I can enjoy more dessert – winning! This light Pasta Salad makes there perfect accompaniment for roast lamb, chicken or even sausages cooked on the BBQ and best of all you can enjoy the leftovers the next day.
You can be as creative as you like when choosing ingredients to add to this salad. I usually just use whatever is in our fridge and pantry and in the past I’ve included sundered tomatoes, olives, green capsicum and even sunflower seeds!
Light Pasta Salad
- 300 g of spiral pasta
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- ½ capsicum
- ¾ cup of corn kernels - I just use canned corn
- 2 stalks of celery
- ½ red onion
- 3 tablespoons of light french dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spiral pasta as per the packet instructions, drain and place into a serving bowl to cool.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half before finely chopping the capsicum, celery and spring onion and add to the cooled pasta.
- Add the corn kernels and a sprinkle of salt and pepper before pouring over the dressing and lightly mixing through until everything has combined.
- Refrigerate until needed.
* You can certainly use more dressing if you feel the light Pasta Salad is too dry, I usually place the dressing on the table for people to add a little extra if they want it.
* Feel free to add/omit other vegetables to this recipe, some of my favourites are sun dried tomatoes, olives and sunflower seeds.
What’s your favourite light salad recipe?
Made this tonight and made my own French dressing! Just lovely! Huge bow of salad with amazing steak, and some French fries!
Looking for olive oil garlic cheese kind of recipe ? I have this cute pumpkin pasta!
Jessica @ Sweetest Menu
This looks lovely Lauren! I just adore pasta salad but a lighter version is SUCH a great idea. I wish I had a bowl for lunch today!
I love pasta salad. I will definitely be giving this one a try at our next BBQ.
I hope you enjoy it Bec x
Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
What a lovely, light recipe, Lauren! We’ve also been enjoying pasta salads lately with salad dressing and heaps of veggies tossed through. We also like to add shredded chicken and some feta to make it a complete meal. I love that pasta is so versatile – I really couldn’t live without it!
Thanks Lisa, it’s a grey lighter option. I LOVE the sound of your pasta salad with chicken and feta – yum!