This Healthy Chocolate Smoothie makes a great after school snack for the kids, and they won’t even realise that it’s healthy!
Smoothies make a regular appearance in our kitchen as not only do I like to start my day with one, but both of the boys are big fans too. On those mornings when they are still tired and cranky (which is what happens when you insist on getting up just after 5am EVERY MORNING!) I will make them a smoothie for breakfast as they think they are getting a treat and it’s a great way to keep them quiet for a little while!
This Healthy Chocolate Smoothie recipe is one of their favourites and they both think that they are SUPER lucky to be having a ‘chocolate milkshake’! Little do they know that this ‘milkshake’ includes a banana, chia seeds and oats and it’s chocolate flavour comes from a teaspoon of cacao powder.
Along with being a quick (most important!) and tasty way to start the day, this smoothie also makes a great afternoon snack which will keep the kids tummies full until dinner time.
Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 ice cubes
- 230 g of milk your choice
- Slice the frozen banana into 1cm pieces and place all ingredients into your blender.
- Pulse 4 - 5 times to break up the banana and ice cubes and blend for a further 30 seconds until all ingredients combined.
- Serve immediately
Thermomix Healthy Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Slice the frozen banana into 2 cm pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 1 minute and 30 seconds on speed 9.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately