This easy Sticky Date Pudding may just be one of my favourite comfort foods!
This classic easy Sticky Date Pudding recipe is one of my families favourite desserts, and as you can clearly see by the picture below – Mr 4 clearly takes after his Mum!! While it looks impressive, it is actually deceptively easy to make and you can have it on your table ready to enjoy in around one hour.
I love preparing special desserts like this pudding for our family, as it reminds me of the amazing desserts my Mum and Nan used to cook for us to enjoy after our Sunday roast when we were kids. Although this Sticky Date Pudding is the perfect way to end a roast meal, it’s also simple enough to make as a weeknight treat, and I promise I won’t judge you if you just eat it for dinner – especially if you serve it with some vanilla ice-cream!
I do suggest enjoying this pudding as soon as you’ve added the caramel sauce and while it’s fresh from the oven, however I have to say it does re-heat pretty well and the caramel sauce sinks right into the pudding if you choose to enjoy it (or eat the leftovers!) a few hours later.
You can also find more easy Pudding recipes in this post.
Thermomix Easy Sticky Date Pudding Recipe
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the pitted dates, vanilla extract, boiling water and bicarbonate of soda into your Thermomix bowl and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the caster sugar and 50g of brown sugar to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the eggs, self raising flour and cinnamon and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4 or until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2 litre baking dish (or similar) and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- To make the caramel sauce, in a clean Thermomix bowl add the butter, cream, vanilla extract and remaining brown sugar. Cook for 8 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 2.
You can also shop all of our eBooks and Print Books here.