This classic Marble Cake recipe will take you straight back to your childhood! Thermomix instructions are also included.
My Mum used to make this Marble Cake for my sister and I as a special treat, and I just love that I use the same recipe now to make it for my kids. While Mum’s original recipe calls for the use of cochineal to create the pink colouring, I could not find any for the life of me, so I went ahead and used pink food colouring instead – however as you can see this didn’t stop Mr 4 from wanting to eat it!!
You can top this Marble Cake with whatever icing you like, I decided to keep it really simple and used my Chocolate Icing recipe, however in the past I’ve also used store bought chocolate fudge icing, which between us, tasted amazing! This recipe makes one large loaf cake, however you can also bake it in a round or square tin, you will just need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
For more great classic cake recipes, check out my Nan’s Chocolate Cake recipe, it’s another family favourite!
Thermomix Marble Cake Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds, speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds, speed 3.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk, eggs and self raising flour and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4 or until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture in three equal parts and add the cocoa to one and a couple of drops of pink food colouring (or cochineal if using) to the other. Mix to create the coloured mixture.
- Add spoonfuls of the three different coloured mixtures to your prepared loaf tin and once all the mixture is in the tin, use a butter knife to gently swirl the mixture to create the ‘marble’ effect.
- Place the cake tin into the oven and cook for 30 – 35 minutes or until your marble cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.