If you are looking for a kids activity these school holidays (which doesn’t involve chocolate!), you can’t go past this incredibly easy and yummy Banana and Pineapple Cake recipe. There is mashing, mixing and sifting involved, what more could you ask for!?!? It’s also a great opportunity to use up those brown bananas the kids refuse to eat.
You could add a simple icing to this cake, but I prefer it without and it sure tastes delicious when eaten warm with a glass of milk.
Banana and Pineapple Cake
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple - drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 2/3 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 15 x 25cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, then add the pineapple, cinnamon, coconut and sugar.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, stir the oil, juice and eggs together with a fork and pour into the banana mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into a loaf tin, smooth the top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Linking up with The Multitasking Mummy for Mummy Mondays