These White Chocolate, Cranberry and Almond Muffins are a yummy snack the whole family will love!
Can you believe that Christmas is just days away? I’m slowly getting there when it comes to being organised for the big day, just a few more presents to wrap and then it’s time to start on our Christmas Day menu – my favourite part! In the meantime I’m trying to distract the boys who are asking EVERY morning when they get up if Santa has visited – it’s sure getting a little old after 3 weeks! A great way to distract them is getting them into the kitchen – and these White Chocolate, Cranberry and Almond Muffins are perfect for my little helpers!
These are easy enough for my boys to put together with just a little help (and supervision of course) from me and they love helping to measure the ingredients and add them to the bowl.
As you can see they eager to try these muffins once they were out of the oven and gave them a big thumbs up for taste!
White Chocolate, Cranberry and Almond Muffins
- 375 g of self raising flour
- 90 g of brown sugar
- 150 g of white chocolate chips
- 100 g of cranberries
- 75 g of flaked almonds
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g of butter - cut into 3cm cubes
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases and pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Cut the butter into cubes and place it into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts until it has melted.
- Place the self raising flour, brown sugar, cranberries and white chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- In a jug, add the milk, eggs and vanilla essence and whisk until combined.
- Pour the melted butter and the milk mixture into the bowl with the flour and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thermomix White Chocolate, Cranberry and Almond Muffin Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees (fan forced)
- Place the cubed butter into your thermomix and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt the butter. If it hasn’t quite melted after 2 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of your butter to begin with), cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the self raising flour, brown sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla essence to your thermomix bowl (in that order) and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of your thermomix bowl and add the white chocolate chips and cranberries and mix for a further 10 seconds reverse to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 x 6 hole silicon mini loaf pans (or 18 regular cupcakes)and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.