Do you leave things to the last minute? Have people coming over and have forgotten to get dessert? If you are looking for an easy dessert (or just a sweet treat) that will impress your guests, you cannot go past these Mint Cheesecake Balls! All it takes is three ingredients (extra if you want to decorate them) to create these delicious mint and chocolate balls – what are you waiting for?!
You will need:
200g pack of Chocolate Mint Slice Biscuits
250g of cream cheese – softened
200g of milk chocolate
Sprinkles to decorate.
Let’s put it together!
1. Line a baking tray (or plate) with baking paper and set aside until needed.
2Using a food processor, blend until the Mint Slice Biscuits are crumbs.
3. Add the softened cream cheese and blend until combined.
4. Roll the mixture into balls (I made mine dessert spoon sized) and place on tray. Continue until all the mixture has been used.
5. Place tray/plate into the freezer for a minimum of half an hour, you want the balls to be very firm.
6. Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl to melt (you can also melt the chocolate in a bowl sitting above a saucepan on boiling water on the stove). I cook the chocolate for 30 second spurts until it’s almost melted and then mix until it’s completely melted.
7. Remove the balls from the freezer. Poke a skewer into the bottom of the balls and dip them in the melted chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set. Repeat until all the balls are coated.
8. Decorate the balls while the chocolate is still soft with sprinkles, hundreds and thousands or even melted white chocolate.
9. Put the balls back into the freezer for half an hour, or until the milk chocolate has set.
Mint Cheesecake Balls Thermomix Instructions
1. As above.
2. Place the Mint Slice Biscuits in Thermomix bowl and blitz for 5 seconds on speed 7.
3. Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl with the crushed Mint Slice biscuits and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 5 until combined – it may take a little longer if your cream cheese isn’t completely soft.
Follow above from step 4.
What is your favourite last minute dessert?
These look freat, would you store them in the freezer and couls you make some in advance..say a week ..and they keep well???
Yuuuuum and so easy!
Thanks Kate 🙂
YUM! I imagine you’d be pretty popular bringing these along to a get together.
I totally need one of these right now!!