This easy Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is the perfect recipe to make with the kids – just make sure they don’t eat all of the chocolate chips first though!
It’s no surprise that my boys LOVE to help me in the kitchen and they even seem to have a sixth sense whenever I go to make something as even if they are playing outside they will drop what they are doing and come running into the kitchen to ‘help’. We make this easy Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe quite regularly as it’s a great one for the boys to make and apart from a little supervision when it comes to adding the melted butter to the bowl, they are able to do most of the jobs by themselves. If we don’t have any chocolate chips in the pantry I instead roughly chop a block of milk chocolate into small pieces and add it to the mixture – minus a couple of squares of course!
There is no doubt though that their favourite part of making these muffins is trying to steal all of the chocolate chips before they go into the mixture (or picking them out of the batter!) and then eating the muffins once they are cooked. This recipe makes around 18 standard sized muffins and is also freezer friendly.
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- 2 ½ cups 375g self raising flour – sifted
- ½ cup 90g brown sugar
- 200 g of chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g butter
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (Fan forced) and line 2 x muffin trays with paper cases.
- Place the butter into microwave safe bowl and cook for 1 minute or until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift flour into bowl and add the brown sugar and stir to combine.
- In a jug, mix together milk, eggs and vanilla essence. Pour liquid into the bowl with the flower and add the melted butter and gently fold mixture together until it has almost combined before adding the chocolate chips and gently folding through.
- Fill the paper cases approximately ⅔ full and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
- Cool in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Thermomix Easy Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) and line 1 ½ muffin trays with paper cases
Place the cubed butter into your thermomix and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt the butter. If it hasn’t quite melted after 2 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of your butter to begin with), cook for a further 1 minute.
Add the self raising flour, brown sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla essence to your thermomix bowl (in that order) and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
Scrape down the sides of your thermomix bowl and add the chocolate chip and miix for a further 10 seconds reverse to combine.
Divide the mixture between the prepared paper cases and bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
Allow the chocolate chip muffins to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.