I am going to warn you right from the start – these Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good that I just had to box them up and send them into work with my husband to stop me from eating them all. They are so good, they I even found myself hiding in the pantry to eat one just so I didn’t have to share them with the boys – yep I do have a problem
These are hands down the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies I have EVER tasted – do you want to know why? They are deliciously soft and chewy and have an almost chocolate chip pudding kind of consistency thanks to the addition of two secret ingredients – Cream Cheese and Corn Flour. Best of all they are really easy to put together.
See for yourself here:
So have I convinced you to make these yet?
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 75 g of cream cheese - softened
- 75 g of butter - softened
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour
- 1 cup of coconut
- 250 g of milk chocolate chips
- Place the softened butter and cream cheese, vanilla extract and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix together on a medium to high speed for 2 - 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy. It's important to use butter and cream cheese which is at room temperature to help the ingredients incorporate easily.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand and sift in the flour, corn flour and baking powder, before adding the coconut and placing the bowl back onto the stand to mix for a further 2 minutes on a low speed until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place into the fridge for one hour to chill.
- While the dough is chilling, line two baking trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up the cooled cookie dough mixture and roll into balls. Place the dough balls onto your prepared trays, leaving a 2 - 3 cm space between each one.
- Place the trays into the oven and bake for 9 - 10 minutes until the cookies are just beginning to brown and are still soft to touch.
- Carefully remove the baking trays from the oven and let the cookies cool on the trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to completely cool.
Have you ever hidden from your kids to eat something that you don’t want to share?