This post is bought to you by Nuffnang and Fountain Good Choice Sauces
While there is no denying my boys are great little eaters, they have picked up a few what we will call ‘flavour quirks’ thanks to their Dad. Amongst the odd combinations on high rotation in our house are vegetables mashed onto cold toast or toast with mayonnaise and apricot jam – yep, you read that right. It seems they have developed a taste for two of my husband’s favourite condiments – Sweet Chill and BBQ Sauce and have taken to asking to have it added to EVERY SINGLE MEAL.
You can imagine their excitement when we received a box of Fountain Good Choice Sauces to try it, in their opinion it was the best delivery ever! I decided to embrace this excitement and new found love of sauce, and come up with an easy dinner recipe which incorporates not only their love of BBQ and Sweet Chilli Sauce, but also their two other favourites – chicken and pasta.
If you are looking for an easy midweek meal the whole family will love, then you can’t go wrong with this Cheesy One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta, it took just 30 minutes (not including time to take photos for the blog!) to prepare and have it ready to serve. Better yet, this recipe is also makes enough to feed a family of four with leftovers for the next day or you could pop the extra serves into the freezer for another time.
Cheesy One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta
- 300 g of dried spiral pasta
- 400 g of chicken breast
- 4 rashers of shortcut bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- 400 g of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup of Fountain Good Choice BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Fountain Good Choice Sweet Chill Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese - plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Dice the capsicum and onion into small pieces.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a large saucepan and heat over a medium/high heat before adding the onion, capsicum and garlic and cooking for 3 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- While it's cooking, cut the chicken breast into medium sized pieces and dice the bacon rashers. Add these to the saucepan and mix through before cooking for 3 -4 minutes or until the outside of the chicken begins to turn golden.
- Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, Fountain Good Choice BBQ Sauce, Fountain Good Choice Sweet Chilli Sauce, cream and dried pasta to the saucepan and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Reduce to a medium/low heat and cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta has cooked through - make sure you give it a stir approximately half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the saucepan lid and add the mozzarella cheese and stir through. Cook for another 2 minutes uncovered before removing from the heat to serve.
You can also watch me put this recipe together here:
By using Fountain Good Choice BBQ and Sweet Chilli Sauce for my recipe, it helped ensure it was full of BBQ and Sweet Chilli flavour – which helped make it a huge hit with my little (and big!) sauce mad boys – in fact I’d recommend halving the amount of Sweet Chill Sauce I used if you prefer more subtle chilli flavours. I was pleased to see both Fountain Good Choice BBQ and Sweet Chilli Sauce have no added sugar and are gluten free and Fountain Good Choice BBQ Sauce is also lower in salt compared to other brands – better for both my boys and my husband.
If you have a family who are also obsessed with sauce, why not try the range of Fountain Good Choice Sauces that are now available online or in the Health Food aisle in your local Woolworths. Along with our favourites BBQ and Sweet Chilli, the range also includes Soy, Hot Chill and Tomato Sauces which are all Gluten Free and have no added sugar.
Is your family obsessed with sauce too?
What strange food combination have your or your partner taught the kids?
Please note I was sent a selection of Fountain Good Choice Sauces to try, and as always, all opinions are my own.
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & Soldiers
Yum, I’m putting this on the list to make this week too. Thank you so much for linking up to our first Your Weekly Feed as well. x
Tammi @ Tea For Tammi
Cheese? One Pot? I’m there! And I can so see my nephews being all over this one pot wonder too. As a family we’re all obsessed with sauce, and we never go past a meal without the demand for more of that liquid gold. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Nicole @ The Builder's Wife
This not only looks yummy, but easy to make. Thank you.
I just can’t get past the mayo and apricot jam. How did he even discover he liked that?? Anyway we will definitely make this meal this week. Sounds like a winner. My girls don’t really know about sauce because I don’t buy it, but we’ll make an exception this week 🙂 x
Nicole - Champagne and Chips
There really cannot be enough cheesy pasta. This looks really delicious.
Bec @ The Plumbette
Esther is now eating her dinner at night and I have found the pasta meals are her favourite. I will have to try this recipe one night. I would never have thought to put sweet chilli and BBQ sauce together!
Yum, this looks delicious and perfect for a cooler night.
Kat - The Organised Housewife
YUM YUM YUM! I love this, sounds delicious and easy to make.:)
Now that’s some serious flavour combinations your boys have going on there Lauren! Love it!
If only a recipe post took 30 minutes including taking the pics! Hopefully you got to eat eventually, looks yummy!
I tried looking for these sauces in Coles last week but they mustn’t be stocking them, I’ll have to check Woolworths next time I’m there.
Have a great week!
Serious/gross I think Dannielle!
Haha, wouldn’t that be great! Just imagine how many things we could make and share if they all took 30 minutes!
You should be able to find these in your local Woolies 🙂
Bec @ Seeing the Lighter Side
Ooh! Yummy. My boys are pretty fussy but I think they would actually eat this. #TeamIBOT
That’s great, I hope they enjoy it!