This no bake Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake is the perfect dessert to enjoy once the kids are in bed! Thermomix instructions also included.
Given that last year was all about Baileys recipes, I decided in the lead up to Christmas this year (yep, I can’t believe I’m even thinking/saying that already!) I would have some fun putting together a few different Kahlua based recipes for you guys.
I was more than a little excited when it was time to make this Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake recipe as I knew I didn’t have to share it with my boys!! This strictly adults only dessert is deliciously rich and has a gives you a good hit of Kahlua with each mouthful – and a little head spin if you are not used to drinking much like me!
I used A LOT of self control to just try one small piece of this Kahlua Cheesecake (after all, I need to taste test it!) and I fell in love with the chocolate/coffee and Tim Tam flavour combination. As it’s quite a rich dessert, one piece was enough to satisfy my sweet craving and I gave the rest of it away to a friend – minus a piece for my husband to also taste test of course!
As there is no gelatine in this recipe it has a softer ‘non traditional cheesecake’ texture, and you want to give it at least 6 hours to set properly. In the meantime, you can keep yourself occupied by making one (or all, I won’t judge!) of my other desserts for grown ups including my Tim Tam and Baileys Cheesecake, three ingredient Baileys Fudge and Baileys Brownies recipes – enjoy!
Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake
- 200 g of chocolate ripple biscuits 1 pack
- 90 g of butter - melted
- 500 g of cream cheese - softened
- 130 g of thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 110 g of caster sugar
- 200 g of milk chocolate - melted
- 130 g of Kahlua
- 1 packet of Tim Tams to decorate - optional
Line the base of a 22cm springform tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides. Set aside until needed.
Process the chocolate ripple biscuits (or similar) until the resemble breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
Pour the biscuit mixture into your prepared tin and use a large metal spoon to cover the base with the mixture and flatten the surface.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the softened cream cheese, cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract and mix on a medium to high speed or until the mixture is thick, creamy and smooth.
Meanwhile, break the milk chocolate into squares and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 second spurts (stirring in between each cook) until the chocolate has melted.
Roughly chop the Tim Tams into large chunks and set aside.
Add the melted chocolate and Kahlua to your cream cheese mixture and mix on a medium speed to combine.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and top with the Tim Tam pieces.
Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight if possible.
Remove the set cheesecake from the fridge and serve.
This cheesecake is best made the day before it's needed as it needs a minimum of 6 hours to set.
It's also quite a soft cheesecake due to not containing any gelatine.
Thermomix Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake Recipe
- Line the base of a 22cm springform tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides. Set aside until needed.
- Place Tim Tams into your Thermomix bowl and pulse on turbo for .5 seconds 2 – 3 times until broken into chunks. Set aside until needed.
- Without cleaning the bowl, cut the butter in half and place into your Thermomix bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on 60 degrees speed 3 or until melted.
- Add the chocolate ripple biscuits and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9. Use your spatula to scrape down the sides and mix again for another 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into your prepared tin and use a large metal spoon to cover the base with the biscuit mixture and flatten the surface.
- Break the milk chocolate into squares and place into in a clean Thermomix bowl. Chop for 5 seconds on speed 7 before cooking for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2. Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and cook for a further 1 minute, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract, Kahlua, cream cheese, cream and caster sugar to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides and mix for another 30 seconds on speed 5 or until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and top with the chopped Tim Tam pieces.
- Place in the fridge to set. Ideally you want to leave this overnight, but is should be ok after 6 hours.
- Remove the set cheesecake from the fridge and serve.
The above mixing times may vary depending on the softness of your cream cheese and chocolate. I suggest using cream cheese and milk chocolate which are both at room temperature and are soft.
This cheesecake is quite soft as it doesn’t contain gelatine. If your cheesecake is too soft or runny when you cut it – pop it back in the fridge to let it set for a bit longer.
You can also shop our entire range of eBooks here.