These easy Chocolate Baileys Brownies are the ULTIMATE adults only dessert, especially served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
Earlier this year my husband had to travel to China for a work trip. Given I was 25 weeks pregnant at the time, I wasn’t overly excited about him going away for a week, but I took the opportunity to put in a duty free shopping order – who could blame me! After my favourite perfume, I asked him to get me a bottle of Baileys so that I could experiment with a few recipe ideas I had. However when he returned with my goodies, I realised I would have to wait until bub arrived before I could taste test any of the recipes, and so sadly my MASSIVE bottle of Baileys has spent the past few months sitting on a shelf high in our pantry, where it was quickly forgotten about. A few weeks ago when I was attempting to return some order to the shelves, I discovered the bottle and spend the next day experimenting with a few different recipe ideas.
It took a couple of attempts until I was happy with these Chocolate Baileys Brownies (such a shame!) but I truly think the wait was worth it. I modified my favourite easy brownie recipe which I’ve used before as a base for my Triple Chocolate Brownies and Snickers Brownies recipes. You don’t need to use a block of chocolate with this recipe, which means other than needing Baileys, you will quite likely have the rest of the ingredients already in your pantry.
These brownies are all kinds of amazing with a rich chocolate and Baileys flavour and a gooey fudgey texture. I think they are best eaten the day that they are made with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, however I will admit to re-heating a brownie (or two) the next day and found the taste of the brownies and chocolate to be even more intense.
You can make this recipe either the regular way or using your Thermomix, both methods are super simple and really don’t take long at all.
Thermomix Easy Chocolate Baileys Brownie Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line a 12 x 28cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter(cubed), caster sugar and cocoa into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 65 degrees speed 2. If the butter hasn’t quite melted, cook for a further 1 minute, 65 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the vanilla extract, eggs, plain flour and Baileys and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour the easy Chocolate Baileys Brownies into your prepared tin and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the tin before cutting into bite size pieces.