My kids LOVE these freezer friendly Zucchini and Cheese Mini Muffins, and just quietly – so do I!
Since discovering this recipe for Zucchini and Cheese Mini Muffins, we’ve made three batches in the past week alone! Yep they are seriously that good and because of their size it’s easy to enjoy two (or three!) in one sitting.
Both of the older boys love these muffins, although Mr 5 did ask what the ‘green bits’ were, thankfully he accepted my answer of ‘food that’s good for you’. This recipe makes 12 mini muffins when using those small muffin trays which makes them a great size for the kids (and lunch boxes!) too. This is also a great recipe to make with the kids, although mine like to try and eat ALL of the cheese before it makes it into the mixture!
I used two medium sized zucchinis for this recipe (approximately 250g) and didn’t drain the excess liquid from the zucchini once it was grated. If you find your mixture is super wet (e.g. the consistency of soup!) then simply add a little extra flour to help it return to a ‘cake like’ consistency. If you want to make a bigger batch (to pop in the freezer perhaps?!) then you can easily double this recipe.
Thermomix Zucchini and Cheese Mini Muffins Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (fan-forced) and lightly grease 2 x 6 shallow cupcake trays.
- Cut the cheddar and parmesan cheese into 3cm cubes and place into your Thermomix bowl. Grate for 10 seconds on speed 9 and transfer to a separate bowl until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, add the zucchinis (which have been cut into 3 – 4cm pieces) and onion flakes and blitz for 4 seconds on speed 5. If you would like the zucchini to be grated smaller, blitz for another 2 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the eggs, wholemeal flour, grated cheeses and salt and pepper and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 reverse.
- Scrape down the sides and mx for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 reverse to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the trays and cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden.