These Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies make a great Easter dessert!
I bought a few bags of Cadbury Creme Eggs almost two months ago with the goal of making these brownies but it seems the hidey hole I put them in to keep safe from my husband (who just LOVES them) was a little too good as I couldn’t find them for almost a week! Thankfully the boys found them when they were ‘playing’ aka tearing apart the pantry the other day, so I immediately got everything together I needed (all pantry staples) to make this Creme Egg Brownies recipe.
These Creme Egg Brownies are a variation of my Double Chocolate Chip Brownie recipe and while I left out the white chocolate chips, I decided to keep a few of the chocolate chips in this recipe – after all you can never have too much chocolate right?!
These brownies are bursting with creme egg pieces and chocolate chips, making them the perfect easter treat for all the chocoholics out there. I cooked these brownies until the top was just set (there was the slightest wiggle when I carefully shook the pan) which took around 35 minutes. I then left them in the tin until they were completely cool (yep this is hard to do I know and I had to shoo my husband away a few times as he was eager to taste test them!) before I carefully removed them and cut into pieces. Doing this helps the brownies to set better and gives them that yummy fudgey consistency.
Because I’m not a huge creme egg fan, I left the taste testing to my husband. He is a man of few words (I make up for it!) but he did comment they were ‘pretty good’ and helped himself to four pieces over the course of the afternoon so I’m taking that as big thumbs up!
Thermomix Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Roughly chop 1 1/2 packs of the mini creme eggs and slice the 3 large creme eggs in half. Set aside until needed.
3. Place the sugar, butter and cocoa into your Thermomix bowl and melt for 3 minutes on speed 2 at 65 degrees or until melted.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
5. Add the flour and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4 before scraping down the sides and mixing for another 10 seconds on speed 4.
6. Add the chocolate chips and around 9 of the mini creme eggs which have been cut in half and use your spatula to stir through.
7. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Top the brownies with pieces of the large creme eggs and a few of the mini creme eggs if you wish.
8. Place the brownies into the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
9. Carefully remove the cooked brownies from the oven and allow them to completely cool in the tin before removing, cut into small pieces .