My kids are obsessed with apricots so they are all kinds of in love with this easy 2 Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Slice!
I first starting making this 2 Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Slice years ago when I was trying to recreate my favourite apricot bites that I used to LOVE when I was a kid. After sort of ‘forgetting’ about this recipe for a couple of years, I went back to it last year when the boys became obsessed with all things apricot, and they got a big thumbs up from both of the boys.
This Apricot Slice is best stored in the fridge/freezer, however they do hold up quite well to being stored in lunch boxes for a few hours and are a regular snack for us whenever we head out for the day. I also find a piece of this slice satisfies my after dinner sweet craving and it’s certainly better than eating chocolate!
When making this Apricot and Coconut Slice, it’s important to make sure you press the mixture firmly into your pan as this will help it set firmly and be easily cut into bars or slices. If you find it’s not holding well together (this can happen sometimes depending on the type of dried apricots you use, simply add a little extra coconut and blitz for a further 30 seconds until it starts to come together more.
Thermomix 2 Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Slice Recipe
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper making sure you leave plenty hanging over the sides to help you remove the slice once set.
- Place the apricots and coconut into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 9 to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and use a metal spoon to spread evenly and push down firmly until you have a smooth surface.
- Place the slice into the fridge overnight to set – or freezer if you prefer your slice to set very firmly.
- Remove the slice from the tin and cut into squares to serve.
- Keep slice refrigerated.