My easy yeast free Cinnamon Scrolls are one of my favourite scroll recipes to make on a weekend when I feel like something a little naughty for breakfast. These Blueberry and Cinnamon Scrolls are based on that recipe and have quickly become a family favourite.
Regardless of if you make these Blueberry Scrolls conventionally or with a thermomix, they really are easy to make and will be ready within an hour. The only problem with these scrolls is waiting for them to cool enough to drizzle the yummy thick vanilla icing over the top of them, however if you can’t wait, they are also delicious on their own – especially when they are still warm!
The boys like to help me out with this recipe, especially when it comes to adding the blueberries to the dough. I normally use frozen blueberries which results in purple hands and faces as they just can’t resist sneaking a few blueberries into their bellies while helping!
Thermomix Blueberry and Cinnamon Scrolls Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
3. Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
4. Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
6. Spread the softened butter all over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
7. Combine the caster sugar and cinnamon before sprinkling over the top of the butter and add the blueberries.
8. Starting at the long side, carefully roll the dough until enclosed and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
9. Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
10. Place on a baking tray – make sure to leave enough room for the scrolls to rise.
11. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
12. Let the scrolls cool on the tray for five minutes while you make the Vanilla Icing by combining the icing sugar, boiling water and vanilla extract.
13. Drizzle the Vanilla icing over the top of the Blueberry and Cinnamon Scrolls before letting them cool for a further five minutes.
What’s your favourite indulgent breakfast or brunch recipe?