With a creamy lemon cheesecake filling, this easy peasy no bake Lattice Slice makes the perfect dessert!
A couple of weeks before our little guy turned three, my Mum made the last minute decision to fly up from Melbourne for a few days to help celebrate his birthday. As planning a huge party was the LAST thing I felt like doing at 32 weeks pregnant, I just asked a couple of friends to come over for some birthday cake and a simple afternoon tea. I’d been wanting to make a Lattice Slice for Mum after she LOVED my Caramel Cheesecake Lattice Slice I made her last year, and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a try.
I modified a traditional Lattice Slice recipe I found in an old cookbook just a little to use just one pack of Lattice Biscuits (which was all I had) and instead of using vanilla essence (which I’d run out of!) I used one vanilla pod instead.
I also made this no bake Lattice Slice in the Thermomix a couple of days before the party and it was all ready for the fridge in less than 10 minutes, however even if you make this recipe the regular way, it takes no time at all.
My Mum absolutely LOVED this slice, and even wrapped the last piece up to take on the plane with her, which is a pretty good endorsement I think!
If you like this recipe, make sure you check out my Vanilla Magic Custard Cake recipe!
Thermomix No Bake Lattice Slice Recipe
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, leaving plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the lattice slice once it has set.
- Combine the gelatine and boiling water in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside to let the water cool slightly.
- Place the softened cream cheese, softened butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix Bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl before mixing for a further 30 seconds on speed 5 or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence, lemon juice and cooled water/gelatine mixture and mix for a further 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Line the base of the prepared tin with lattice biscuits – sugar side down (you should use around 9) and pour the cheesecake mixture over the top. Place another 9 lattice biscuits (sugar side up) on top of the cheesecake mixture and place the no bake Lattice Slice into the fridge for 6 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
For more simple slice recipes, check out this post which includes a few of my favourite slice recipes.