This family friendly Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice recipe is the perfect easy weeknight (or weekend for that matter!) dinner and gets a big thumbs up from our entire household!
When I think about my go to recipes, this Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice is up there with my favourites. Not only do we all love it (and I end up with two empty little bowls on the table!) but it’s the perfect way to use up any vegetables we have in the crisper as well as any chicken, ham or any other meat (yep we’ve even had this with sausages) you also have which needs to be used.
You can really be as creative as you like when it comes to what vegetables you add, I often throw in zucchini, broccoli and even boiled eggs to this recipe. If you need any more encouragement to make this recipe, here it is: it’s freezer friendly! What are you waiting for?!?
Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice
- 250 g of BBQ Chicken
- 4 rashes of shortcut bacon excess fat trimmed
- 1 stick of celery – finely chopped
- 1 carrot – grated
- 3 spring onions - finely chopped
- 1 capsicum – cut into small pieces
- Small tin of corn
- 50 g of raw cashews
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pack of stirfry sauce – I use Kantong’s honey soy and garlic
- Extra soy sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce – optional
- In a wok, add the olive oil and bring to a high heat. Add the bacon and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add rice.
- Add the celery, carrot, capsicum and cashews and cook until the vegetables are just starting to get tender
- Add the cooked rice, corn and sauces to wok, mixing all ingredients together and cook for 3 minutes before transferring to individual bowls and adding some chopped BBQ Chicken.
- After adding sauces, I suggest tasting and adding extra sauce if you wish
What’s your favourite go to meal?