Every Sunday our Mum used to drag my sister and I to the local markets to buy fresh local apples and fabric to make our clothes. Our treat (if we behaved ourselves) was always a hot Cinnamon and Jam Doughnut – minus the jam for me! There was nothing like biting into a hot, sugary doughnut on a cold morning and it made having to wait in long lines worth it. I’ve spotted a few different Cinnamon and Jam Doughnut Muffin recipes doing the rounds and finally got around to making them myself.
I was certainly not disappointed, these jam filled, sugary muffins are as close as you can get to the real thing and it took all of my self control not to eat one as soon as they were out of the oven.
They are best enjoyed warm, but we took a couple with us on a picnic lunch the next day and they still tasted pretty good. I’m pretty confident they would also be freezer friendly – that is if there are any left!
Thermomix Cinnamon and Jam Doughnut Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tim.
2. Place the milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, self raising flour and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 8 seconds on speed 4.
3. Fill each 1/3 of the muffin hole with mixture and add a teaspoon of jam before filling the muffin hole with a little more mixture until 3/4 full.
4. Repeat until the remaining muffin holes are filled.
5. Place the muffin tray into your preheated oven and bake for 18 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched. Remove the muffins from the oven.
In the meantime, melt the butter in a small bowl and combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Brush the melted butter over the top of the warm muffins and coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.