For a long time I thought these Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies were the best biscuits I had ever made, that is until I tried one of these Triple Choc Cookies! These biscuits taste VERY similar to the Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies you find at Subway (my favourite) and it’s soooo hard to stop yourself from eating more than one!
Waaaay back in the day when I was doing my VCE (Years 11 and 12) we used to regularly stop by our local Subway store for a Hot Chocolate and one (ok, maybe sometimes two!) of their Tripe Choc Cookies and this recipe is about as close as you will get to those Subway cookies without having to buy the real thing. These Triple Choc Cookies are jammed packed with the good stuff (chocolate of course!) and not only is there two types of chocolate chunks within the biscuits, but there is also melted chocolate throughout the biscuit too which makes it even more irresistible.
If you are looking for a special treat, there is no need to look any further as these Triple Choc Cookies are guaranteed to impress with even my harshest critic (my husband) giving them a good wrap.
The Ultimate Triple Choc Cookies
- 110 g unsalted butter softened
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour sifted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g milk chocolate melted
- 100 g of milk chocolate - extra roughly chopped
- 200 g of white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line two baking trays with paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir through the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and melted chocolate
- Add the extra chopped chocolate and white chocolate chips and stir to combine
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place them onto baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, allowing room for the cookies to spread and flatten slightly
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slight cracks have formed
- Cool on the baking trays fro 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
What’s your favourite chocolate biscuit recipe?