This week’s trip down memory lane is a SUPER quick and easy orange and sultana cake. After a week of Liam deciding he doesn’t want to sleep in his big boy bed (in reality it’s still his cot, just with one side rail removed) and the subsequent crankiness and tantrums, I was after a recipe that wouldn’t take up too much time.
I find that most of the McAlpins cakes require creaming. This one is different, all the ingredients are just popped in together, mix, and you are all done – how easy is that?! I used a loaf tin to make this cake, however you could also use a small round cake tin or even turn it into cupcakes – you will just need to amend the baking time.
Throwback Thursday – Orange and Sultana Cake
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Juice & rind of 1 orange made up to 1/2 a cup by adding milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a loaf tin.
- Place all ingredients together into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix for 1 - 2 minutes until the mixture has combined and is smooth.
- Pour into your prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
If you are looking for more simple (and delicious!) cake recipes, make sure you check out these 10 easy cake recipes.