My Chicken, Cheese and Pesto Quesadillas were the start of a flurry of Quesadilla recipes I’ve been making over the past few months, all thanks to pregnancy cravings. Since trying these Spinach Pesto and Cheese Quesadillas, they’ve been making an appearance at least once a week on my dinner plate. Although the boys weren’t a huge fan of the ‘green stuff’ in these Quesadillas, they still ate most of what was on their plate and loved the strings of cheese they created with each bite.
When it comes to the types of cheese you use to make these Quesadillas, you can make do with whatever you have but I think the feta and mozzarella are a winning combination and complement the spinach really well.
As well as being a great lunch or light dinner, these Spinach Cheese and Pesto Quesadillas are also a great after school snack for the kids and you can even serve them up at your next party – they are a great vegetarian option. You can easily make more of these Quesadillas by doubling or even tripling the ingredients and you can use a couple of frying pans on your stove to cook a few at a a time.
Spinach Pesto and Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 Tortillas
- ⅔ a cup of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- 30 g of feta cheese cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of basil pesto
- Lightly grease a frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of basil pesto over one of your tortillas and place it into your frying pan with the pesto side up. Add the baby spinach leaves, mozzarella cheese and feta.
- Spread the last of the basil pesto over one side of the remaining tortilla and place it on top of the tortilla already in the pan.
- Cook the Quesadilla for 3 minutes or until the tortilla begins to brown before carefully flipping over and cooking for another 3 - 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla has browned.
- Serve immediately
What’s your favourite Quesadilla filling?