If you are looking for a quick and delicious lunch (or dinner!) this Chicken Cheese and Pesto Quesadilla recipe is for you!
Recently I had the luxury of having the entire house to myself for FIVE WHOLE DAYS while the boys and my husband went to Darwin to visit family. While I missed them all (of course!) it was also really lovely to have a little break, put my feet up and indulge in a few of my pregnancy cravings – including these yummy Cauliflower, Cheese and Bacon Fritters and of course a couple (ok, maybe a few!) pieces of my favourite Caramel Slice!
Whenever I go out for Mexican, I ALWAYS order Quesadillas, so it only make sense to make my own! Yes, this Chicken Cheese and Pesto Quesadilla certainly isn’t a ‘traditional’ recipe but it’s packed full of yummy ingredients (including LOTS of cheese!) and best of all it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and cook.
I used ingredients that were already in our fridge (and coincidentally also form one of my favourite sandwich fillings!) however you really can use whatever ingredients you prefer. I used ‘mini’ tortillas in this recipe and I was struggling to eat the whole thing. I think one of these Chicken Cheese and Pesto Quesadillas could easily be shared between myself and the boys for an easy light lunch.
If you are planning to make these for a couple of adults, simply double the ingredients. There really is no right or wrong way to make these Quesadillas, as long as you’ve got the core ingredients you will have a yummy meal in no time!
For more yummy quesadilla filling ideas, check out these Chicken,Avocado and Pesto Quesadillas or these simple Vegetarian Quesadillas with Pesto and Avocado.
Chicken Cheese and Pesto Quesadilla
- 2 Tortillas
- 100 g of cooked chicken cut into small chunks
- 1/2 a cup of baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices of tomato
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 20 g of feta cheese cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto
- Lightly grease a frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Place one of the tortillas into your frying pan and add the sliced chicken, sliced tomato, baby spinach leaves, mozzarella cheese and feta.
- Spread the basil pesto over one side of the remaining tortilla and place on top of the tortilla already in the pan.
- Cook the Quesadilla for 3 minutes or until the tortilla begins to brown before carefully flipping over and cooking for another 3 - 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla has browned.
- Serve immediately
You can also find more simple and delicious lunch recipe ideas here.