If you love Coconut Rough, this Chocolate and Coconut Fudge is for you!
Last year I made Coconut Rough for the first time and fell in love again with both the taste and just how easy it is to make! This Chocolate and Coconut Fudge requires just three ingredients and if you like Coconut Rough, you are going to LOVE this fudge.
To give the coconut a little more flavour, I lightly toasted it under the grill for just a couple of minutes (if you choose to do this make sure you keep a VERY close eye on it) until it just started to turn a lovely golden brown colour, however this step is completely optional and I promise it will still taste just as good using coconut that hasn’t been toasted.
Like practically ALL of my fudge recipes, this Chocolate and Coconut Fudge is based on my 2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge recipe and it takes less than 20 minutes (even less if you are using a Thermomix) to put together. I like to leave it overnight to set, however after around 7 hours it should be firm enough to cut.
Chocolate and Coconut Fudge
- 1 x 20cm square baking dish
- 400 grams milk chocolate
- 395 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut 85 grams
- ½ cup shredded coconut 45 grams
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper – it’s important to make sure that you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the fudge once it has set.
- Place the shredded coconut into a grill which has been heated to a medium heat and cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until the coconut begins to turn golden. Set aside until needed.
- Pour the condensed milk into a medium saucepan over low heat and add the milk chocolate – which has been broken into squares.
- Stir regularly until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients have combined - around 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add 1 cup of shredded coconut and quickly mix to combine. Pour the fudge into the prepared tin and sprinkle the extra coconut over the top. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours (preferably overnight) to set
- Remove the set fudge from the fridge and cut into squares.
Thermomix Chocolate and Coconut Fudge Recipe
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper, making sure to leave some paper hanging over the edges.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place in the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees on speed 3.
- Add 85g (1 cup) of the shredded coconut and mix for 20 seconds on reverse, speed 1.
- Working quickly, pour the fudge into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the extra shredded coconut over the top before placing in the fridge for 7 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
- Remove fudge from the fridge and cut into small pieces.