This easy Chicken Fried Rice is another recipe which helps clear out the vegetable crisper, and can also be frozen. Feel free to use whatever you have in your fridge, I used the below ingredients for the rice pictured. If you want to make it even healthier, use brown rice and omit the bacon.
This is also a great meal for kids, you just need to cut everything up into smaller pieces. I then freeze leftovers into small containers for a quick and easy toddler meals.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 500 g skinless chicken breast diced
- 3 rashes of shortcut bacon excess fat trimmed
- 1 stick of celery - finely chopped
- 1 carrot - cut into small sticks
- 3 spring onions
- 1 full head of broccoli - cut into small pieces
- 1 capsicum - cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- Small tin of corn
- 200 g of beans - cut in half or quartered
- 200 g of snowbpeas
- 50 g of raw cashews
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pack of stirfry sauce - I use Kantong’s honey soy and garlic
- Extra soy sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce - optional
- In a wok, add olive oil and bring to a high heat. Add chicken and bacon and cook until the chicken has browned and almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add rice.
- Add celery, carrot, spring onions, broccoli, capsicum, beans and cashews and cook until just starting to get tender
- Add cooked rice, snowpeas, peas, corn and sauces to wok, mixing all ingredients together and cook until snow peas are cooked through (2 -3 minutes) - serve
- After adding sauces, I suggest tasting and adding extra sauce if you wish
What’s your favourite family friendly meal?