This simple Apple and Cinnamon Cake is the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of tea!
This simple Apple and Cinnamon Cake recipe is based on Donna Hay’s Apple and Blueberry Cake recipe which honestly is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes going around. I can never resist a cake which contains apples, and when cinnamon is included too, well I’m sold!
This cake is my type of comfort food, it reminds me of my Nan and is like receiving a great big hug – especially when you eat it warm! You can make this cake in a round tin or you can also bake it in a 18 x 28cm slice tin. I often use a slice tin as I can cut the cake into small pieces which is perfect for the boys and it also then fits into their lunch boxes for a little treat.
This cake is also freezer friendly, which is perfect for those times when you just crave a piece of cake – please tell me I’m not the only one that happens too!?! As great as this cake tastes on it’s own, you really need to warm a piece of it up and eat it with a scoop (or two) of ice-cream, I promise you will LOVE it, we sure do!
Simple Apple and Cinnamon Cake Thermomix Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the self raising flour, vanilla, eggs and milk into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Spoon mixture into your prepared tin and top with the apple slices and sprinkle over the cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer