If you liked my Cauliflower Cheese and Bacon Fritters, you are going to LOVE these Cheese and Cauliflower Fritters which are filled with THREE types of cheese!
It’s no secret that I’m a HUGE fan of all things cheese and these Cheese and Cauliflower Fritters are certainly a celebration of that! Unlike my original Cauliflower, Bacon and Cheese Fritters, these delicious fritters contain three types of cheese, parmesan, mozzarella and feta giving them a deliciously cheesy taste and texture.
These cheesy bites really are the perfect easy lunch, dinner or snack and they can also be frozen to enjoy later. To reheat, simply thaw your Cheese and Cauliflower Fritters in the fridge and then reheat for 10 minutes at 190 degrees.
Although these fritters are all about the cheese, I like to still add some grated zucchini to the mixture to help up our veggie intake, however you can easily leave this out if you would prefer. Both of our boys LOVE these Cheese and Cauliflower Fritters and think they are ‘crunchy potato cakes’ and I can assure you I’m in no hurry to correct them!
Thermomix Cheese and Cauliflower Fritters Recipe
- Place the parmesan and mozzarella cheese which has been cut into 3cm chunks into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 7 seconds on speed 9 to grate. Transfer to a separate bowl until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, add the Zucchini (which has been cut into 3cm pieces) into your thermomix bowl and mix for 4 seconds on speed 6. If you would like it cut into smaller pieces, mix for a further 2 seconds. Transfer to the bowl with the grated cheese.
- Without washing the bowl, add the cauliflower florets, garlic clove and onion flakes to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 7 seconds on speed 8 or until they resemble rice. If there are still large pieces in your Thermomix bowl, scrape the sides and blitz for a further 3 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the grated cheeses, crumbed feta cheese, zucchini, along with 2 eggs, 300g of self raising flour, and HALF a cup of water to your Thermomix bowl in that order – please note you may not need all of the water depending on the size of the cauliflower and zucchini that you used. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE to combine the ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and if your mixture is still a little dry, add the remaining 1/4 cup of water and mix for a further 15 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE or until combined.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop up the batter and place the fritter mixture into your pan. Use a spoon to gently spread the mixture into a circle between 1/2cm – 1cm thick. You should be able to fit approximately six fritters (or even more depending on the size of your pan) into your frying pan.
- Cook the Cauliflower and CheeseFritters for 5 minutes on each side until they are crisp and golden brown before transferring to a plate and covering them with foil so they stay warm while you cook the next batch. Repeat until all of the Cauliflower and Cheese Fritters have been cooked.
What’s your favourite fritter recipe?