I’ve made a few variations of this Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Bake over the years, but this one is my all time favourite. It’s a bit of a cheat recipe as you simply use a family size pack of fresh filled pasta and add a few extra ingredients to it – the perfect easy midweek meal!
I usually use some type of Spinach and Ricotta filled pasta when making this recipe, however you can really use any type of filled pasta you love or gnocchi also works well too. You can also choose to add a few extra veggies to your Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Bake (roasted sweet potato is a favourite in our house) or substitute the veggies I’ve used to suit the tastes of you and your family.
My boys love fresh filled pasta (special pasta) and I love that I can actually give them a plate of this for dinner and it doesn’t end up on the floor – well most of the time anyway! This really is a filling meal, and this recipe makes enough for the four of us plus leftovers for the next day. I’ve also popped it into the freezer before and it heats up really well.
Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Bake
- 630 g pack of Ricotta Spinach & Parmesan Agnolotti - or similar
- 5 rashers of short cut bacon
- 100 g of baby spinach leaves
- 200 g of cherry tomatoes
- 250 g of mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup 40g of parmesan cheese - finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook the fresh filled pasta as per the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the bacon into small pieces and cook in a frying pan over a medium heat until it begins to brown.
- Pour the cooked filled pasta into a 20cm x 20cm baking dish and add the cooked bacon, baby spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes (which have been cut in half).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper before adding the mascarpone cheese and carefully stirring it through until all the ingredients are coated.
- Sprinkle the Creamy Spinach and Bacon Pasta Bake with the grated parmesan cheese before placing into the oven to cook for 25 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Serve immediately.
What’s your favourite easy midweek meal?