I know I say this a lot, but these Chocolate Snickers Cookies really are one of my all time favourites and after just one bite, you will easily see why!
They Snickers Cookies are based on another one of my favourite biscuit recipes, these Triple Chocolate Cookies but instead of adding chocolate pieces and chocolate chips to the mixture, I added Snickers – perfect right?!
I had a little stockpile of Snickers bars in the pantry thanks to spotting them on sale for $1 each at our local supermarket. The funny thing is even though I LOVE Snickers, I rarely eat a bar by itself, I always use them in my baking instead – crazy right?
You will find a delicious piece of Snickers bar in each and every mouthful of these Chocolate Snickers Cookies and I promise you will really find it hard to stop yourself from eating more than one!
If Snickers aren’t your thing (don’t worry, I won’t hold it against you!) you can easily substitute them for your favourite chocolate bar.
Thermomix Chocolate Snickers Cookies Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line two tray with baking paper.
- Melt 125g of milk chocolate in the microwave and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and the melted milk chocolate and mix for 20 seconds on speed 3 or until combined. Stop after 10 seconds to scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 – 10 seconds on speed 3 if not combined.
- Add the Snickers Bars which have been chopped into four pieces and mix for 20 seconds on speed 3. If the mixture has not quite combined, mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 3. Place the mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes to chill and it will be quite soft.
- Scoop up tablespoon sized balls of the cookie mixture and place onto your prepared baking trays. Flatten the surface of the biscuits slightly and place in the oven to bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.