These no bake Christmas Mint Cheesecake Balls will make the PERFECT after dinner mint on Christmas day, or if you can’t wait until then to make them, they are also the perfect dessert to take along to your next Christmas Party!
Now while I’m not a fan of chocolate and peppermint desserts (it’s like eating chocolate toothpaste!) these no bake Mint Cheesecake Balls are incredibly popular every time I make them and my husband especially can’t get enough of them. As well as making a great Christmas party/day dessert, these are also a great gift idea for teachers, friends and family.
When it comes to making these, I’d suggest you have the smarties/M&M’s and spearmint leaves cut and ready to go as the chocolate does dry quickly.
My other top tips are to make sure the cheesecake balls are very cold, almost solid as otherwise they will fall apart when you dip them in chocolate and I also find it easiest to poke a skewer into the base of these balls when dipping in chocolate.
No Bake Christmas Mint Cheesecake Balls Thermomix Instructions
1. Line a baking tray (or plate) with baking paper and set aside until needed.
2. Place the Mint Slice Biscuits in Thermomix bowl and blitz for 5 seconds on speed 7.
3. Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl with the crushed Mint Slice biscuits and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 5 until combined – it may take a little longer if your cream cheese isn’t completely soft.
4. Roll the mixture into balls (I made mine dessert spoon sized) and place onto a tray. Continue until all the mixture has been used.
5. Place the mint cheesecake balls into the freezer for a minimum of half an hour – you want the balls to be very firm.
6. Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl to melt. I cook the chocolate for 30 second spurts until it’s almost melted and then mix until it’s completely melted.
7. Remove the balls from the freezer and poke a skewer into the bottom of the balls and dip them in the melted chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set. Repeat until all the balls are coated.
8. While the chocolate is still soft, decorate the balls by placing placing a red smart and a peppermint leaf which has been cut in half on either side to create a cute holly leaf.
9. Put the balls back into the freezer for half an hour, or until the milk chocolate has set.