As much as I love experimenting and coming up with new out there recipes, without a doubt many of my favourite recipes are family classics. I discovered this yeast free Fruit Loaf recipe thanks to my Aunty who came to stay with us recently. I admit to being a little uncertain as to how the cup of black tea would work with the other ingredients, but like most family recipes, I had nothing to worry about.
Personally I think this Fruit Loaf is best served while it’s still warm with a thick layer of butter spread over it.
If you manage to still have some left the next day (you will be doing better than us!) then I suggest placing a slice or two under the grill to lightly toast before you enjoy it.
Yeast Free Fruit Loaf Recipe Thermomix Instructions
- Prepare a cup of black tea and allow it to completely cool.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan forced) and lightly grease a loaf tin.
- Place the wholemeal self raising flour, plain self raising flour, raw sugar and Fruit Medley mix into your Thermomix Bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE to combine.
- Add the cooled black team and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE before scraping down the sides of the bowl and mix for another 5 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE or until the ingredients have combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and place it into your preheated oven to bake for 40 minutes or until the loaf is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
We’ve made this quite a few times now as it’s such a simple recipe and one the boys can easily help me put together without too many fights or tears. If you are unable to find a pack of Fruit Medley Mix, you can easily use a combination of your favourited dried fruits instead.
What’s your favourite family recipe?