It was almost 18 months ago that I first published a recipe for this No Bake Malteser Slice on the blog and looking back at the photos I took along with the post itself I cringe just a little bit. I have been meaning to update this recipe and its photos for such a long time but just couldn’t justify making this delicious and easy slice for no reason, so when I was planning our little man’s 2nd birthday celebrations (you can find a great collection of kids party food recipes here), I knew I had the perfect excuse.
I decided to alter this recipe just a little and used milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for the base, both versions taste great, I think it really comes down to personal choice. Also you do have the option to use a little of both types of chocolate, that way you get the best of both worlds!!
I also couldn’t resist using my Thermomix to make this easy Malteser Slice (you can also find more easy Thermomix slice recipes here), whichever way you choose to make it you’re are guaranteed to end up with something pretty amazing. To say this slice was popular with our guests is a little bit of an understatement. It was quickly eaten and I gave the last few remaining pieces away as I knew the temptation would be too much for me.
After the success of this slice, I experimented a little bit more and came up with this ULTIMATE Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice which you also REALLY need to try!!
Or maybe this Three Ingredient Maltesers Fudge is more to your taste?
No Bake Malteser Slice
- 250 g of plain biscuits - Marie or similar.
- 220 g of milk chocolate
- 220 g of white chocolate
- 180 g of butter
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 310 g of Maltesers - I use a Family size pack
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help your remove it later.
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs, you can use either a food processor of the end of a rolling pin!
- Place the butter, chocolate and golden syrup into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts until all the ingredients have melted. Stir well to combine.
- Set aside approximately 20 Maltesers to decorate.
- Pour the melted ingredients into a bowl with the biscuit crumbs and add the rest of the Maltesers. Stir with a large metal spoon to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tin and push down with the back of a spoon to flatten the surface.
- Break the white chocolate into squares and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 second spurts until it's almost melted and stir until it has completely melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the slice and decorate with the reserved Maltesers.
- Place the slice in the fridge for 4 + hours to set.
- Once the slice has set, cut into squares and enjoy!
Thermomix Maltesers Slice Instructions
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help you remove it later.
- Set aside approximately 20 of your Maltesers to use as decorations.
- Place the biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 7 seconds on speed 7 or until they are finely crushed. Transfer them to another bowl until needed.
- Place the butter, milk chocolate (broken into squares) and golden syrup into your Thermomix bowl (no need to clean it) and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees on speed 2 or until all the ingredients have melted and combined.
- Add the crushed biscuits and the remaining Maltesers and mix for 30 seconds on speed 3.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared slice tin and flatten the surface using the back of a metal spoon.
- In a clean Thermomix bowl, add the white chocolate pieces and cook for 2 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 2 or until it has melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the top of your slice and decorate with the reserved Maltesers. Place the slice into the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
If you like this No Bake Malteser Slice, make sure you check out my No Bake Mars Bar and Maltesers Cheesecake, my 4 Ingredient Mars Bar and Maltesers Fudge, this ULTIMATE No Bake Mars Bar Slice or this No Bake Malteser Fudge!
You can browse our entire eBook range here.