Over the weekend I was really in the mood to bake. My desire was so strong that I let two toddlers help me make some muffins….. needless to say they both needed a bath afterward and it’s the first time I’ve come across chocolate water!
I just love Maltesers, and I’m very happy my favourite ‘Malteaster Bunnies’ are already back in supermarkets for Easter. I discovered few different recipes for Malteser Slice whilst searching google, so I decided to combine them into one awesome recipe! This slice is not great for anyone on a diet, I limited myself to just two slices and sent the rest to work with my husband.
1 pack of Marie Biscuits
220g block of Cadbury Old Gold Dark Chocolate
4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
2 x 155g bags of Maltesers
100g of Cadbury White Chocolate
– Line a slice pan with baking paper.
– Crush biscuits and set aside
– Set aside approximately 20 Maltesers for decorating (optional, you can just add them all to the slice).
– In a medium saucepan, add the butter, chocolate and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until melted and combined.
– Add crushed biscuits and Maltesers and stir through, pour mixture into slice pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
– Melt white chocolate in the microwave (I cook it for 30-second spurts) and drizzle melted chocolate over the slice and top with Maltesers.
– Place slice into the fridge until it has set, then cut into bite-sized pieces.