Sometimes I crave just a simple cupcake. Nothing too indulgent, no added extras, just a plain simple vanilla cupcake with frosting. If you feel the same, then these are for you. This is an easy recipe where all ingredients are added and mixed together. These Vanilla Cupcakes are super light and fluffy, you can have them with just icing or turn them into butterfly cakes with jam and cream.
Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
120 grams unsalted butter – softened
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
* Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases
* Put the butter, sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and eggs in a bowl and beat with electric beaters on a low speed for 2 minutes or until well mixed
* Increase speed and beat for a further 2 minutes or until smooth and pale
* Spoon mixture in to cupcake tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden
* Allow to cool completely on a wire rack
* Ice/decorate as desired and enjoy!!