After several days of being stuck inside thanks to crazy heat and humidity, this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Nice Cream was a lifesaver in our house last week – it was even too hot to go swimming in our pool! When I found myself removing the boys from in front of the open freezer for the third time in the space of half an hour (it was nice and cold according to them!) it was time to distract them, so I decided to enlist their help to make this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Nice Cream together for our afternoon tea.
We’ve always got a container of sliced up bananas in the freezer, and I grabbed the equivalent of two whole bananas to make this ice cream. It’s sooo easy to make, simply add the frozen sliced banana to a food processor, add a little cacao powder (I used a tablespoon) and blitz for 20 – 30 seconds until the mixture becomes nice and creamy.
This recipe made enough for myself and both the boys and you can easily alter the quantities depending on how many little mouths you have to feed. Before making this Chocolate Nice Cream, it’s really important to make sure your food processor has the power to blitz the frozen banana. If you are uncertain, slice the frozen banana VERY finely and add a little to your food processor to test.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas - sliced into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- Place the sliced banana and cacao powder into a food processor (please make sure your machine can handle blitzing frozen items) and blitz for 20 - 30 seconds or until the frozen banana and cacao have combined and are nice and creamy.
Thermomix 2 Ingredient Chocolate Nice Cream Instructions
- Place the sliced banana and cacao into your Thermomix bowl.
- Blitz for 20 seconds, working your way up to speed 8.
- Scrape down the sides and blitz for a further 10 seconds or until smooth and creamy.