If there was ever two ingredients which were made for each other it just has to be peanut butter and chocolate. It’s a combination I just cannot resist – as you can tell by the other delicious and decadent chocolate and peanut butter treats I have created in the past.
I often have a block (or two) of butter sitting on our kitchen bench so it’s nice and soft ready for baking. In an attempt to distract the boys from their new game which involves jumping from the top of the couch onto a pile of pillows (I can see a broken bone in our future) I decided to make a batch of our favourite chocolate chip cookies to give them something else to focus their attention onto. To mix things up just a little, I decided to add some Peanut Butter to the mix to turn these yummy bikkies into something really special.
I was worried I was being a little heavy handed with the peanut butter when I added a full cup, but I actually think you could even add just a little bit more if you are a true peanut butter addict like me.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 of butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 200 g of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well between each addition.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Add the sifted ingredients and the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays, leaving approximately a 2cm gap between each cookie.
- Flatten each cookie slightly and place in the oven to bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for five minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies were a big hit with both of the boys and they quickly forgot about diving off the couch and instead focused their attention on stealing as many chocolate chips from the bowl as they could. As hard as it was to resist eating one of these straight from the oven, we managed to show just a little bit of will power until these cookies had cooled just a little to eat but still warm enough so the chocolate chips were nice and gooey.
Do you try and distract your kids by doing some baking too?
125 of butter??????????? 125 grams?
My apologies, it’s 125grams of butter.
Had this saved for awhile and finally made them. I added Reece’s peanut butter chips as well as the chocolate ones. Delicious
Ooh that sounds great Kim!
Do you have a conversion to UK measurements please?
Hi Kim, sorry I don’t. This link has a list of Australian measurements which can then be converted to the UK. I hope it helps 🙂
You can never have too much peanut butter and/or chocolate. Yum! Jaci
Very true 🙂
Kat - The Organised Housewife
Ooh yum! A delicious combination!
It really is!
Lucy @ Bake Play Smile
Hahaha that game sounds like fun!!! But not as fun as eating these yummy bites!
Oh they thought it was great!
Jessica @ Sweetest Menu
Perhaps my two favourite things in the world – PB and chocolate! YUM!
It really is a match made in heaven I think!
Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
I love peanut butter but I love peanut butter with chocolate even more! Delicious!
It’s just the BEST combination isn’t it?