It was another great week, thank you everyone for linking up your amazing recipes. I don’t know about you, but my ‘To Make’ list is growing at a crazy rate – if only there was enough time to make it all! This week we have something special for you – The Best Caramel Cake Recipe ever!
This week I’m sharing the Best Ever Caramel Cake Recipe, a huge thanks goes out to one of my lovely readers who sent me this a few weeks ago – thank you Carla Durand! When I saw the ingredients, I was intrigued – Caramel Top & Fill plus Caramello Chocolate PLUS White Chocolate?!?! Although my sweet tooth was aching this recipe sounded amazing and I knew I had to make it.
Fortunately I had a great excuse to get baking last week, when my husband asked me to provide some morning tea for a work meeting. I eagerly purchased all of the ingredients a few days before and went on a mad baking spree last Wednesday, which resulted in a batch of Jam Drops, Ferrero Rocher and Nutella Buttercream Cupcakes, this cake as well as a Potato Bake for dinner!
This cake took no time at all to put together. The original recipe suggests melting the butter, chocolate and water in the microwave, however in a bid to cut down on washing up, I melted these ingredients in a medium saucepan that was big enough to add the remaining ingredients to, making it a one bowl (saucepan) cake!
My arm did get a great work out whisking it all together, and if you decided to use an electric mixer to combine all the ingredients together, I certainly wouldn’t hold it against you!
After removing the cake from the oven, I waited 20 minutes before i removed it from the tin and transferred it to a wire rack. I let it cool a little more, so it was still a little warm to the touch before I used the remaining Caramel Top & Fill to ice it. As stunning as all of that golden carmel looked, to break the colour up, I added 2 x 80g bags of Maltesers (ok a few may have been missing) to the top as decorations.
While I didn’t get the opportunity to try a piece (I know, the least my husband could have done was bought a slice home!) I was assured it tasted amazing and he actually preferred it over the Ferrero Rocher and Nutella Buttercream cupcakes I also sent along for morning tea – big call!
Find the Best Ever Caramel Cake Recipe here:
Fabulous Foodie Fridays #10 - The Best Ever Caramel Cake
- 200 g unsalted butter - chopped
- 100 g white chocolate
- 220 g block of Cadbury Caramello Chocolate
- 1 tin Nestle Caramel Top n Fill
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 cup of plain flour - sifted
- 1 cup self raising flour - sifted
- 2 x 80g packs of Maltesers to decorate
- Preheat oven to 150ºc
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper, on the bottom and around the sides.
- Combine butter, chocolate with 200 mls of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook until melted together - set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix the Caramel Top n Fill until it’s a smooth consistency. Add ¾ of the Top n Fill, brown sugar and vanilla, to the chocolate mix & stir well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift in flours whisking as you go to prevent any lumps. If you are after a good work out, you can whisk the mixture by hand in the saucepan until it’s combined and smooth, or alternatively you can use and electric mixer and beat for approximately one minute until it is smooth.
- Pour into the lined cake tin and cook for 1hr and 20mins, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with moist crumbs on it.
- To decorate, you can use the remaining Caramel Top & Fill and spread all over the cake and decorate with Maltesers like I did. You could also decorate with a milk or white chocolate ganache.
- This cake will keep wrapped and in an air tight container for 5 - 7 days - that is if you haven’t already eaten it all!