It was another great week, thank you everyone for linking up your amazing recipes. I don’t know about you, but my ‘To Make’ list is growing at a crazy rate – if only there was enough time to make it all! This week we have something special for you – The Best Caramel Cake Recipe ever!
We had a couple of new bloggers join us last week – Welcome! We hope you enjoyed partying with us, and please feel free to invite any other foodie bloggers to the party too – the more the merrier!
As always, it was really hard to choose just five favourite recipes.
This recipe for Pumpkin and Walnut Cake by Epicurean Epistles could not have come at a better time. We’ve had a whole pumpkin sitting on our kitchen bench for the past week, and I finally some inspiration to use it! My cake didn’t turn out as pretty as Anne’s but it tasted delicious and my boys all enjoyed it.
Don’t forget to check out Lucy’s favourites over at Bake Play Smile.
This week I’m sharing the Best Ever Caramel Cake Recipe, a huge thanks goes out to one of my lovely readers who sent me this a few weeks ago – thank you Carla Durand! When I saw the ingredients, I was intrigued – Caramel Top & Fill plus Caramello Chocolate PLUS White Chocolate?!?! Although my sweet tooth was aching this recipe sounded amazing and I knew I had to make it.
Fortunately I had a great excuse to get baking last week, when my husband asked me to provide some morning tea for a work meeting. I eagerly purchased all of the ingredients a few days before and went on a mad baking spree last Wednesday, which resulted in a batch of Jam Drops, Ferrero Rocher and Nutella Buttercream Cupcakes, this cake as well as a Potato Bake for dinner!
This cake took no time at all to put together. The original recipe suggests melting the butter, chocolate and water in the microwave, however in a bid to cut down on washing up, I melted these ingredients in a medium saucepan that was big enough to add the remaining ingredients to, making it a one bowl (saucepan) cake!
My arm did get a great work out whisking it all together, and if you decided to use an electric mixer to combine all the ingredients together, I certainly wouldn’t hold it against you!
After removing the cake from the oven, I waited 20 minutes before i removed it from the tin and transferred it to a wire rack. I let it cool a little more, so it was still a little warm to the touch before I used the remaining Caramel Top & Fill to ice it. As stunning as all of that golden carmel looked, to break the colour up, I added 2 x 80g bags of Maltesers (ok a few may have been missing) to the top as decorations.
While I didn’t get the opportunity to try a piece (I know, the least my husband could have done was bought a slice home!) I was assured it tasted amazing and he actually preferred it over the Ferrero Rocher and Nutella Buttercream cupcakes I also sent along for morning tea – big call!
Find the Best Ever Caramel Cake Recipe here:
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!