These yummy nut free Muesli Bars are one of my favourite snacks! Thermomix instructions also included.
I’ve talked before about our families love affair with muesli bars and this nut free Muesli Bars recipe is certainly a contender to be one of our favourite recipes. It’s filled with pepitas, sunflower seeds, chia seeds plus sultanas and cranberries, however you can easily substitute the seeds and dried fruits to suit your tastebuds – or what’s in your pantry!
As well as being nut free, this muesli bar recipe is also no bake, which makes it practically the perfect recipe! While the kids love these nut free Muesli Bars, they are also one of my favourites and a little piece helps to satisfy my after dinner sweet cravings, and let’s face it, this slice is a whole lot better for me than a piece (ok, a row!) of chocolate!!
During the warmer months I do prefer to keep these Muesli Bars stored in the fridge as they can soften, however they do hold up well and keep their shape in the kids lunchboxes.
For more lunchbox recipes, check out my Freezer Friendly Lunchbox Recipe collection!
Thermomix Nut Free Muesli Bar Recipe
- Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper making sure you leave some hanging over the sides to help you remove once the muesli bars have set.
- Place the butter (which has been cut into cubes) plus the rice malt syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon into your Thermomix bowl. Cook for 4 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 until the ingredients start to thicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, Reverse. Scrape the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4, Reverse or until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared slice tin and use the back of a spoon to firmly press the mixture into the tin and flatten the surface. It’s important to make sure it’s compressed as otherwise it won’t stick together.
- Place the slice tin into the fridge for 1 hour to firm before cutting into 24 pieces.