My love affair with Fritters continues with this easy Zucchini and Cheese Fritters recipe!
I love making fritters because not only are the delicious, I can pack them with veggies and other yummy ingredients (like cheese!), they are easy to make, they are freezer friendly and most importantly all THREE of my kids love them! I usually add zucchini to my Cauliflower and Cheese Fritters, so I thought I’d have a go at making a batch of fritters that had Zucchini as the main ingredient.
Because you can never have enough cheese, I added feta, parmesan and a little tasty cheese to this recipe. If there is one of these cheeses that you don’t like, simply leave it out and add a little more of your favourite, this recipe is pretty forgiving. Another tip is to use a little water (a tablespoon at a time) if you find your batter is too dry as this can happen depending on the size of the zucchinis you use.
The longest part of this recipe is cooking the fritters, I can usually fit five – six fritters at a time in our frying pan, however you may fit more or less depending on how big both your pan and the fritters you are making are. These Zucchini and Cheese Fritters are great when eating warm, however they are also yummy cold and are perfect for school lunch boxes too.
I like to squeeze a little lemon juice over my fritters when I eat them, however my two older boys insisted on having a mixture of both tomato and BBQ sauce on theirs, a combination they picked up from my husband! On the other hand our little guys was happy to be eating the same meal as his big brothers and happily mushed them into his hands before showing them into his mouth – we’re all class in this house!!
Thermomix Zucchini and Cheese Fritters Recipe
- Place the parmesan and tasty cheese (which have both been cubed) into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 8 seconds on speed 8. Set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, place the onion and garlic into your Thermomix bowl. Blitz for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the zucchinis (which have been cut into 3cm pieces) and blitz for 4 seconds on speed 4 or until the zucchini is grated. If you want it grated finer, blitz for a further 3 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the flour, eggs, salt and pepper, the grated parmesan and tasty cheese, as well as the feta cheese which has been cut into 3cm cubes. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine. Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl with a spatula and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE or until well combined. If you find the mixture is a little dry, add a tablespoon at a time of water to help it come together – this can happen depending on the size of the zucchinis you use.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and use dessertspoon to scoop up the batter and place the fritter mixture into your pan. Use a spoon to gently spread the mixture into a circle between 1/2cm – 1cm thick. You should be able to fit approximately five fritters (or even more depending on the size of your pan) into your frying pan.
- Cook the Zucchini and Cheese Fritters for 3 minutes on each side or until they are crisp and golden brown before transferring to a plate and covering them with foil so they stay warm while you cook the next batch. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
Make sure you also check out my Cauliflower, Bacon and Cheese Fritter recipe!