Caramel filled Easter Eggs are my all time favourites, so you can imagine how excited I am about these Caramel Egg Muffins!
When it comes to caramel filled easter eggs, I have no will power at all and while I will tell myself I’m going to eat just one, that quickly turns into two, ok maybe three! These Caramel Egg Muffins are the perfect easter treat or dessert and when you top them with a couple of slices of caramel egg, they almost look too cute to eat!
My two older boys wanted to help me make these muffins, however I had to shoo them out of the kitchen when it became pretty obvious that they were just there to eat the caramel eggs! If your kids have more self control than mine (which wouldn’t be hard!) then this is a fun recipe to make with them.
While I’ve used caramel filled eggs with this recipe today, you can easily substitute them for your favourite filled easter eggs, check out these cadbury creme egg and maltesers egg cupcake versions I’ve made in the past.
Thermomix Caramel Egg Muffins Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 70 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the rest of the cupcake ingredients (except for the easter eggs) and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Fill each of the cupcake papers with mixture until they are 1/3 full. Place a easter egg in the centre and top with extra batter until the cupcake paper is approximately 2/3 filled.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting and decorate:
- Chop the extra easter eggs in half and set aside until needed.
- Place the chocolate into a clean thermomix bowl and blitz for 3 seconds at speed 8.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 1 or until melted.
- Add the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5. Check the frosting and if it’s too hard (you want it to be easily spreadable), add 1 tablespoon of milk and mix for a further 10 seconds on Speed 5 – repeat if needed.
- Spread the chocolate frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes and decorate with the easter egg pieces.