These Spinach and Three Cheese Rolls really need to come with a warning, as you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating just one – or three!
This recipe is basically the same as my Spinach and Ricotta Rolls with the added bonus of extra cheese, and who can refuse that?! Along with Ricotta, these rolls also have the added cheesy goodness of feta and parmesan cheese which give them sooo much extra flavour and make them irresistible when they are just out of the oven.
In preparation for our new bub’s arrival, I’ve been stocking up our freezer with our favourite easy dinners and snacks and have already had to replace our stash of these three times as they just keep ‘disappearing’! Along with the bonus of being freezer friendly, these Spinach and Three Cheese rolls are really versatile and are a great snack, fun party food option and also make a easy weekend meal.
Thermomix Spinach and Three Cheese Rolls Instructions
- Line two trays with baking paper and preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Cut the parmesan cheese into cubes no bigger than 3cm and place in your Thermomix bowl to mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 to grate.
- Add the ricotta, feta cheese (broken into 2 cm pieces), baby spinach leaves, 1 egg, onion powder, nutmeg and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 or until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Break the extra egg into a small bowl and lightly whisk.
- Place the partially thawed pastry squares on your bench and cut in half lengthways. Brush one edge of the pastry with a little of the egg before using a spoon to add an approximately 3cm wide line of mixture down the centre of the pasty.
- Roll the pastry (starting from the edge without the egg) to enclose the filling.
- Slice the rolls into four equal parts and brush with a little more of the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Repeat process until all the pastry and cheese mixture has been used.
- Place the Spinach and Three Cheese Rolls into the oven to cook for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy.