If you love Carrot Cake, my Carrot Cake Slice is for you!
I’ve been on a bit of a roll when it comes to carrot recipes lately and this Carrot Cake Slice with Cream Cheese Frosting is my latest creation. It contains all of my favourite carrot cake ingredients (especially cream cheese frosting!) in a yummy little slice and best of all my kids love it too!
Since first making this slice, I’ve also made a version where I omitted the walnuts and frosting so that Mr 5 could take it to school. Also when it’s un-iced, you can keep a batch in the freezer for a handy snack whenever you get a sweet craving (which happens to me quite a bit!) or you have run out of snacks for the kids – another thing that seems to be happening more of lately in our house!
While this recipe is based on a traditional Carrot Cake, be aware it’s a little heavier and more dense – which certainly isn’t a bad thing. I like to cut this slice into small pieces (not only so I feel less guilty when I eat a few pieces at a time!) but also because it makes a special snack for the kids.
Thermomix Carrot Cake Slice Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave paper hanging over the sides of the tin to help you remove the slice once it’s cooked.
- Cut the carrots into 3cm pieces and place into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 4 seconds, speed 5 to grate. If you would like your carrot pieces smaller, mix for a further 3 seconds, speed 5. Transfer to a new bowl and set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, place the walnuts into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 3 seconds, speed 3 to crush.
- Add the butter (which has been cut into cubes) and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE to melt.
- Add the grated carrot along with all of the other slice ingredients to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE.
- Pour the Carrot Cake Slice mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the top of the slice is golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Carefully remove the slice from the oven and allow it to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the cream cheese icing, place all of the ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds on speed 5.
- Use a butter knife to spread the icing over the top of the slice and place it into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- Carefully remove the slice from the tin (using the excess baking paper as ‘handles’) and cut the slice into pieces.
If you are looking for more yummy carrot recipes, why not check out my Carrot Cake Muesli Slice recipe?